onsdag 21. april 2010

More UFO's.

I'm still digging in my UFO box, and yesterday I finished these two.
I had the squares made out of strips, so I sewed them together and put on a border. I thought it was a little boring, so I added the hearts with raw edge appliqué.


Here is a closeup of the quilting. I am practicing feather borders at the moment. It's so much fun, I am finally getting better at the freemotion quilting. My stitches are still a little uneven, but with a lot of practice I think it will be better.


These stitcheries is from a great BOM over at Gail Pan Designs, and they are free! I made these three, but then I decided to use another fabric for the background, and different threads. So the three stitcheries in this wallhanging ended up in the box. But now I finally finished them! I think it got cute with the bright green and red.

I still have a lot of UFO's to finish, but I need to start some new projects too:-) Next up is my pillow for my secret swap-partner! That will be a fun project:-)

4 kommentarer:

Unknown sa...

Flott quilting, du har jo skikkelig dreisen på det! Lenge til jeg er der, men øvelse gjør mester :o)

LeKaQuilt sa...

Quiltingen din ser jo bare såÅÅÅ fin ut. Dette er du rå på, selv om du mener at mere øvlse skal til - nydelig sier nå jeg :o)
Morsomt at du går gjennom ufo kurven din !

Unknown sa...

I love those hearts, how pretty. Great job.

Mistea sa...

Hello there I just came here - not sure how I've missed all your fun previously.

I had a good look around and like all your UFO finishes. So good to get those Christmas ones done now all ready for when Christmas rolls around.

Hope you are enjoying your time away. I'll be back to see what you have sewn up soon.