mandag 30. juli 2012

New York Beauty and other beauties:-)

I am a swap maniac, and when I got invited to join a pillow swap on Flickr, I said yes at once.
This swap is a little different, because you make a pillow with no particular person in mind, take a photo of it and send it to the swap administrator.
She will then post the photo of the pillow in the Flickr group, and when the swap deadline has passed, everyone who sent in a photo will vote for the pillows.

That was sooo much fun!
I have not yet received my pillow, but I know it will be great, because I had a hard time voting. All the entries to the swap was gorgeous!

I made a New York Beauty block, and it turned out pretty well as a pillow.
It has envelope closure at the back.

Here it is!




My swap partner did not get it yet, so I can't tell you where I sent it;-)


Now for the other beauty...
I love roses!
The real roses are the most pretty ones, but I like roses in all forms.
When I found a free paper piecing pattern for one on the internet, I just had to give it a try.
It was a lot of fun to sew this, many itty bitty pieces, but thats the beauty about paper piecing, it gets accurate no matter how small the pieces are.

I embroidered some details around the stem of the rose, and finished it with some simple quilting and a crochet border.






I'm having a blast at my sewing room these days, I'm feeling so creative! New ideas for things to make pop up in my head all the time.
I started my summer vacation today, so I have four weeks to do what I wish, and that would be sewing:-)
We are going on a couple of trips as well, but I think my sewing machine will come with me on at least one of them.

To my readers, have a nice week!





3 kommentarer:

Timi sa...

This rose is beautiful!!!!
Have a great week! :o)

Sarah_L_N sa...

Wow, the pillow is lovely, but the rose is absolutely gorgeous! So pretty :)

Amy DeCesare sa...

Your paper-pieced rose is fantastic. The edging finishes it off perfectly!