søndag 6. februar 2011

Winter meets spring.


First of all, let me say thank you to all of you after I posted about Henning... It warms my heart to think of all your prayers and thoughts.

I have been sewing a lot for the last few weeks, it helps me get my mind on to something else, and I really need that.

This is a French press warmer, with matching mini quilt for a bread basket. I gave this to my aunt for her birthday.





Next, here is my spring table runner! I went out in the snow to take some pictures, lighting is great outside today.
The runner was made from scraps after a lap quilt that I have been sewing (not finished yet), and I embellished it with a fabric/button flower.
I practiced freemotion quilting on this, it's been a while since the last time I did that.
It got kind of cute and very romantic!



Here is a detail of the flower.




And at last, I WON!!!
Jamie at Modified Mix had a giveaway a while ago, and I won this cham pack of Make Life from Moda. I love it! The fabrics are so beautiful and fun. She also included some hand cream, wich I tried and it is great. I use a lot of hand cream in the winter, so that was really a great addition to the charm pack. Thank you so much Jamie! Big hugs to you:-)



So, now it's back to the sewing room for some more finishing of different projects. I have a BIG box of UFO's that needs to be done. I started crocheting an afghan as well, but I need more yarn.
Happy Sunday to everyone!

2 kommentarer:

Maria sa...

So nice to read your post again.
You have been busy making lots of projects.
Love the fabric you won. What are you going to make out of it??

Jamie sa...

You are very welcome! I can't wait to see what you make! Love your table runner! Nice quilting. I've never tried free motion before, but I just got a darning foot to try. Hope you have a great week!